Prevention of a problem is always better than treatment. There are some measures that a person should undertake to prevent muscle spasms and keep them away.
1. Exercise: Develop a habit to exercise regularly under the supervision of a certified trainer. You should be active, inactivity and resting in the same posture can lead to muscle spasms. Deep breathy while exercising to prevent poor oxygen supply.
2. Be Hydrated: Dehydration is one of the most common causes of muscle spasms, make sure you follow the means to prevent it. Make sure you drink lots of water and fluids, especially in summer and after exercise to prevent it and avoid sodas and coffee as they tend to dehydrate the body.
3. Honey: Take two tea spoons of honey with meals, as they are effective in preventing recurring muscle spasms.
4. Magnesium Rich-Foods: Eat foods which are rich in Magnesium, such a beans, broccoli, seeds, etc. They can prevent muscle spasms effectively. Make it possible for your daily diet contains such foods.
5. Take Enough Rest: Make sure you give yourself ample amount of sleep. Your muscle needs rest.
6. Mustard and Pickle Juice: Mustard and pickle juice are also useful in preventing muscle spasms.
The muscle spasms in arm can be treated effectively with different methods as mentioned above. But if this condition is left untreated, there is a possibility that it may become permanent or more severe. Therefore, you must consult your doctor, determine the cause and seek treatment as soon as possible.